All-on-4 dental implants are one of the most popular and effective ways to improve your smile and health, but you may be wondering what it’s like to have them on a daily basis. Here’s an inside look at how All-on-4 dental implants are changing the lives of Mesa, AZ patients with missing teeth.
What are All-on-4 Dental Implants?
All-on-4 dental implants are a type of dental implant procedure that is used to support a full set of streamlined, hybrid dentures. But unlike dentures, there’s no bulky “plate” across the roof of your mouth and they aren’t removable. It’s almost like having a slightly larger dental bridge that spans the entire arch of your jaw.
With All-on-4 implants, our Mesa dentist uses four implants placed in the jawbone to act as anchors for the hybrid appliance. This type of implant system is often used for people who have lost all of their natural teeth, as it covers the entire jaw. Since implants are so strong, four are all that’s needed to support the upper or lower prosthesis. In some situations, our Mesa dentist may recommend 1-2 additional implants for added support.
An All-on-4 system is best if you’re already missing all of your teeth or you need to have your remaining teeth extracted for some health-related reason. Otherwise, an alternative treatment like an implant-supported bridge may be more appropriate.
The Procedure: What to Expect
If you’re considering getting All-on-4 dental implants, you probably have a lot of questions about the procedure. Here’s a look at what you can expect from start to finish.
- A consultation and exam to discuss if you qualify for dental implants and which type of implant system is best for your smile. During this visit we will present all viable treatment options as well as review various payment plans based on the procedure you are considering.
- Surgical installation of your dental implants. Most people say that implant treatment is even easier than having a tooth removed, thanks to the minimally invasive process.
- The healing and integration period. You’ll wear a healing prosthesis as your implants integrate with the bone. This phase of treatment is relatively comfortable but cannot be rushed as bone needs 3-4 months to fuse to your new dental implants.
- Final placement of your All-on-4 appliance. You and Dr. Vinh Huynh will plan exactly what you want your new smile to look like, down to the size, color, and shape of your teeth. Once your All-on-4 prosthesis is installed on top of your implants, it isn’t going anywhere.
Because dental implants are hypoallergenic and biocompatible, they have an extremely high success rate. In reality, they are the most successful and long-lasting restoration of any tooth replacement offered in modern dentistry.
Life With All-on-4 Implants
If you’re considering All-on-4 dental implants, you probably have a lot of questions about what the surgery and recovery process will be like. But what about life after implants? Now that you have All-on-4 you can expect to do everything that you did before you had missing teeth.
The durability of implants means you can eat whatever you want. Apples. Steak. Corn on the cob. You name it. Just brush and floss your appliance (including around each implant) to keep your mouth healthy and clean. We also recommend scheduling checkups every six months to ensure things look the way they ought to.
Day to Day Perks of Having Implants
Dental implants are quickly becoming the go-to solution for those missing one or more teeth. And it’s no wonder why! Compared to dentures, implants offer a number of benefits, including:
- No dietary restrictions
- Talk easier and more clearly
- Natural anti-aging benefits
- Stronger, denser bone
- No bulky “plate” across your mouth
- No removable appliances
Even if you’re already wearing dentures but want an upgrade, All-on-4 treatment may be an option. It’s best to see our Mesa implant dentist in person to have your mouth evaluated. Upgrading from dentures to All-on-4 implants isn’t as uncommon as you may have thought!
Is All-on-4 Treatment Right for You?
Not sure if All-on-4 dental implants are right for you? We can help! At Eastport Dental, we offer no-hassle consultations for dental implants and tooth replacement treatments. We’ll sit down with you, answer all of your questions, and help you determine if All-on-4 or another type of implant treatment is the best solution for you.
If you’re considering dental implants, we encourage you to reserve a consultation at Eastport Dental today!