SAME DAY DENTAL CROWNS IN MESA, AZ
Permanent solution for tooth loss
Save precious time by getting a Same Day Crown at Eastport Dental in Mesa
With the help of digital technology you can now get a dental crown in only one visit. Below you will find some information on the process of getting a CEREC same day crown at our Mesa, AZ dental office. The team at Eastport dental are ready to serve you!
Crowns used to be complicated and take up to a week or more to be created by an outside lab. Messy dental impressions, multiple visits, and extended periods with unsightly teeth (or none at all).
Technology has changed the game, however, with the creation of a new type of instantaneous crown that is created and fitted on the very same day with the help of the CEREC Same Day Crown Machine.
You read that right. A process that used to take several weeks is now reduced to a single visit, offering results of a much higher quality and a longer lasting solution for your crown.
Announcing the revolutionary new CEREC® crowns.
An acronym for its longer, official moniker of Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, CEREC® crowns utilize a new, cutting edge form of technology called CAM/CAD technology that allows our team at Eastport Dental in Mesa, AZ to custom create your new crown right within our very own offices – and during your very same appointment!
CEREC® crowns are extraordinarily life-like, seamlessly matching the color, size, and shape of your existing or desired tooth.
This is because while historically crowns have been made of unattractive metals and resins, CEREC® crowns can now actually be comprised of a far more natural-looking ceramic. Depending on the placement of the crown within your mouth, Dr. Huynh may also recommend porcelain, porcelain-fused-to-metal, and even metal for crowns toward the back of the mouth where they are less visible.
Crowns serve a number of purposes, from provide a support system for weakened teeth to holding chipped or cracked teeth together.
They can solve other issues, as well. They can be used to address discoloration and staining on your teeth or even fill in gaps and cracks, effectively hiding them underneath a new bright tooth.
- Oral Examination - Dr. Huhyn and his team will do a thourough exam on the tooth that needs a possible crown and determine if you are eligible for a same day crown.
- Tooth Preperation - After assessing your needs, the Dr. might apply a numbing agent so that he may work on the damaged tooth without any pain. He will clean the decayed or damaged tooth and get it prepared for the next step to receive a CEREC same day crown.
- Optical Impression - Previously you would have to use a messy mold to take impressions to send to a lab. Now with the use of computer software and an optical camera, Dr. Huynh is able to take an instant impression in real time of your damaged tooth. This information will be available instantly on the computer for the restoration process.
- 3D modeling - Using the CAD software with the CEREC machine the digital images are converted into a useable file where the dentist then creates that look of the actual crown. Adjusting the size, bite, and look of the crown with access to many data points.
- Milling of the Crown - Once the 3D design has been completed and the Dr. feels satisfied with the look and feel of the crown the information is sent to the 3D milling machine for creation. Using a ceramic blank the CEREC machine starts the creating process which will be completed between 15-30 minutes.
- Finishing - After the milling process is completed the newly created crown is heat treated to whiten, harden, and complete the tooth. Before the tooth is fitted the crown is also polished and prepared.
- Crown Bonding - When all the steps are completed the new crown is dry fit in the socket to make sure that everything is perfect and feels natural in your mouth. With how exact the software and milling process is you normally have a perfect fit right from the start. If not then minor adjustments will be made before the crown is permanently bonded to the tooth using cement.
All procedures begin with in-office examination to thoroughly examine the present condition your existing teeth. If you are a positive candidate for this treatment, Dr. Huynh and his talented team of Arizona’s top professionals will assess your needs and create a custom treatment plan moving forward.
Today’s digital impressions replace the formerly messy and tedious process of the dental impressions of yesteryear. These impressions are especially important, because they serve as a blueprint, a basis for your new crown’s design and customization.
A local anesthetic is available to ensure that there is no pain or discomfort. It is particularly vital for many patients before the team begins to remove the damaged and weakened tissue from around the tooth.
Once the decay has been removed, the troublesome tooth must be reshaped to secure a snug fit when placed onto your new natural tooth.
The tooth is filed to a point so that a protective covering can be placed over it, supporting and shielding the tooth in a cosmetically and aesthetically attractive form.
Despite the seemingly complicated process, it’s actually quite quick. All in all, the process usually takes less than two hours at our Mesa, AZ offices!
Dr. Huynh is actively involved with the milling process, a process which allows our team at Eastport Dental to create the crown right within our Mesa, Arizona office. As an experienced dental doctor, Dr. Huynh is accustomed to working with a variety of special cases and will make an exact recommendation for you based on your past and present health.
For traditional crowns, there is typically a minor waiting period before a patient receives a permanent crown. To counteract this inconvenience and prevent any time spent with missing teeth, dentists may offer temporary crowns in the meantime.
These are only meant to be used as a short-term fix, because they rarely provide a snug fit, shifting frequently in your mouth. The loose fit can also create open crevices where food can become trapped and
Instead, choose a custom-made CEREC® crown made in house by your very own professional team at Eastport Dental who is uniquely intimate with the intricacies of your particular case.
With our specialty in-house technology, we are able to address a far greater array of dental needs in order to help you get a new lease on life all from your smile alone!
If you are interested in getting a consultation on a Same Day Dental Crown in Mesa, AZ. Give Eastport Dental a call today at 480-649-1949 or fill out our online appointment request!
Book a consultation