If you’re unhappy with the appearance of your teeth, our Mesa, Arizona dentist may recommend dental veneers to give you a new, more flattering smile.
What Are Dental Veneers?
Veneers are custom-made, thin porcelain covers that are permanently cemented over the front surface of your teeth. Veneers act much like artificial nails for your teeth by enhancing your smile and correcting imperfections.
Candidates for Dental Veneers
While this cosmetic dental procedure is a great solution for most people, they’re not right for everyone. If you fall into the following categories, then our Mesa dentist may agree that veneers are a good treatment option for you:
- Healthy Teeth and Gums 一 Candidates who qualify for veneers are those who don’t have active decay or gum disease.
- Stains and Discoloration 一 Veneers can fix issues like the deep and stubborn stains that were brought on by tetracycline, or the discoloration of “white spots” on your teeth that might be difficult to treat otherwise.
- Slightly Gapped Teeth 一 Veneers can be used to fill in spaces if you have gaps between your teeth that aren’t too wide.
- Minor Cosmetic Issues 一 Porcelain veneers are effective at concealing misshapen or crooked teeth, cracks, and chips.
Benefits of Dental Veneers
In addition to giving you a gorgeous smile, cosmetic veneers offer the following benefits:
- Veneers Are Meant to Last 一 The material that veneers are made from is durable enough to last for years, as is the cement used to adhere them to your teeth. The strong porcelain is non-porous; therefore, it doesn’t decay or stain. With proper maintenance, veneers can last 15 years or more.
- Quick Results 一 Getting this dental makeover done consists of two appointments that are a few weeks apart. But that’s about it. At the first appointment, which will be the longer of the two, our Mesa dentist will prep the teeth and make you a set of temporary veneers to wear until your permanent ones come back from the lab. At the second visit, we’ll remove the temporaries and place your permanent veneers 一 giving you the perfect smile that you’re always dreamed of.
- Easy To Maintain 一 Since veneers are non-porous and permanent, maintaining them is pretty simple. All you’ll have to do is brush and floss like you normally would, and don’t forget to visit Eastport Dental for regular cleanings and check-ups so that we can keep a close eye on your veneers.
Porcelain Veneers vs. Other Cosmetic Dental Options
With a variety of cosmetic dental treatments out there you may be wondering if veneers are the right solution for you. Here are some comparisons to give you a better idea of the other procedures available.
- Veneers vs. Whitening
Teeth whitening is a fast but temporary cosmetic procedure. While there are a lot of different forms of bleaching available, the typical treatment consists of you wearing a set of custom bleaching trays every day for a few weeks. The amount of time that you wear the trays can be anywhere from 30 minutes to all night long depending on the specific product.
While whitening is less expensive than veneers, the process doesn’t change the shape of your teeth. Some people will experience tooth sensitivity during treatment, and if you’re a smoker or consume dark drinks regularly, you’ll have to bleach more often.
- Veneers vs. Dental Crowns
At first sight, a dental crown looks like a veneer. The difference is that a crown covers the entire tooth while a veneer only sits on the front and slightly overlaps to the back. Crowns are placed to protect weak teeth. Crowns and veneers can easily be used together to create a smile makeover and no one will know the difference with each individual tooth.
- Veneers vs. Bonding
Dental bonding consists of placing a tooth-colored composite material over the enamel and molding it to the desired shape. Bonding is less expensive than veneers and can give you similar results, but this treatment doesn’t last as long. Bonding isn’t as durable as veneers and will need to be replaced more often.
Cosmetic Dentist In Mesa, Arizona
Cosmetic dentistry shouldn’t be left up to just any dentist. If you’re interested in getting a smile makeover, visit Dr. Vinh Huynh, DMD and his fabulous team. During your consultation and treatment, you’ll see why other in Mesa, Arizona patients are choosing us for all of their dental needs. Getting the smile that you’ve always wanted starts with a phone call to Eastport Dental today!