A dental veneer is a sliver of porcelain that’s almost like the dental equivalent of an artificial fingernail. This restoration is attached to the front of your natural tooth, changing the way it looks from the outside.
This smile makeover treatment is the most sought-after cosmetic dental procedure in Mesa, Arizona ー for the following reasons:
- Your one-of-a-kind smile. Veneers are custom-made so they can be any size, shape, and shade that we want. A master ceramist will hand craft it at the dental laboratory to our specifications.
- Quick results. Some cosmetic dental procedures such as aligners take many months to complete. The veneer process consists of two appointments. On the first visit, we prepare the teeth for the veneers and make you a set of temporaries to wear while we wait for the laboratory to deliver the permanent ones.At your second appointment, which is just a matter of weeks later, we’ll remove your temporaries and cement the final ones in place. You’ll be on your way with your new, beautiful smile. Each appointment only takes an hour or two to complete.
- Most dramatic results. Since veneers are custom-fabricated, the opportunities are endless. We can have these life-changing restorations made in whatever size, shape, and shade we choose.Bleaching your teeth, or having them straightened with orthodontics will make a difference in your smile, but the results won’t be as drastic as they will be with veneers.
- Veneers don’t stain. Bonding is another popular cosmetic procedure. But the resin material is known to stain over time. Teeth whitening is also temporary. With veneers being made from porcelain, they aren’t porous, so they remain the same shade they were from day one. There’s no need to have bonding replaced, or constantly worry about keeping up with bleaching your teeth.
- Long-lasting results. Porcelain veneers have the longest lifespan of all cosmetic treatments. While they don’t last a lifetime, you should be able to get 10 – 15 years out of a set before needing to update them.
- Look and feel natural. Even with the drastic improvement that veneers can make to your smile, our expert lab technicians ensure that these restorations are natural-looking. The goal is for others to see your teeth, and think how pretty they are, not to assume that you’ve had dental work done.
- Confidence boosting. A beautiful smile not only looks good, but it also makes you feel confident. When you feel good, you’re more prone to smiling and seeming happier around other people. That in itself is a priceless result.
- Close gaps between teeth. Veneers are a great option for closing small to moderate spaces between your teeth.
- Straighten teeth. Veneers can transform crooked teeth into a uniform, breathtaking smile.
- Easier oral hygiene routine ー When your teeth are crooked, slanted, or gapped, they can be very difficult to clean properly, not to mention time-consuming. Just think of all the time you’ll save when you can cut your brushing and flossing routine in half.
- Less prone to cavities. When you have improperly aligned teeth and your oral hygiene routine is lacking, you’re more prone to leaving tartar buildup behind ー which is the main cause of cavities. Since cleaning your teeth with veneers and straighter teeth is easier (and you’ll be more invested in your smile) ー you’ll be less likely to develop decay.
- Keep gingivitis away. As with cavities, gingivitis also occurs from improper care. This condition is the beginning of gum disease and shows up as red, inflamed, bleeding gums. Veneers significantly reduce your likelihood of developing gingivitis and other gum issues.
- No metal in your mouth. Having metal braces showing, especially for an adult, isn’t something many patients are willing to undertake. Veneers are the perfect solution for closing gaps and straightening your teeth without having to be seen with metal appliances in your mouth.
Mesa Smile Makeovers
Porcelain veneers have changed the lives of many Mesa, Arizona individuals such as yourself. You could be next. If you want to improve the appearance of your smile, then we would love to discuss all of the possibilities with you. Together we can construct a custom treatment plan to help you achieve the desired look, whether it be with porcelain veneers or some other type of cosmetic treatment. Call Eastport Dental today to schedule a consultation. We look forward to meeting you and being a part of your transformation.